In accordance with the federal law, s.877, signed into law on Tuesday, December 16, 2003, L.I.S.T. Incorporated will comply with all
CAN-SPAM requirements hold the Mailer and List Owner responsible for abiding by the law, so in the interest of compliance, we will require the following for all email messages after January 1, 2004:
- FROM line must be either the list owner or the marketer.
- In most cases the list owner’s name will appear in the “FROM” line for L.I.S.T. managed
- “SUBJECT” line must be clear and not misleading about what is being offered.
- A physical postal address of the marketer must be included in all messages.
- Clear and conspicuous identification that the email is an advertisement or solicitation.
- Clear and conspicuous opt-out mechanism that must be functional for at least 30 days after send date of email campaign. Opt-outs must be removed within 10 business days.
When Placing An Order:
- All Creative Must Include:
- A physical postal address
- A working link to the Mailer’s unsubscribe mechanism in addition to the standard opt-out option
that is included on all emails. (Note: If a Mailer cannot provide a link to their unsubscribe
mechanism, L.I.S.T. can provide a list of recipients who have unsubscribed from a certain
campaign. However, it is highly recommended that Mailers provide a link to their unsubscribe page.)
- Suppression files must be sent to L.I.S.T. Incorporated prior to each blast. Standard fees will apply. The burden is on the advertiser to maintain an opt-out file by their line of business and suppress the file from any email list they use/rent.
- All messages will be reviewed prior to deployment by our Compliance Officer to ensure every message we send is compliant with the CAN-SPAM act.